. . . HeiQ Viroblock, the science.
Since launching AnyBrand HeiQ Viroblock treated face coverings last month, we have been engaged in a lot of conversations and answering lots of questions about the efficacy of the products. Here are some quick access facts to reassure you the science is credible.
We have detailed scientific papers and certification available to support the bullets below, which can be provided upon request.
- HeiQ Viroblock NPJ03 has been proven effective against SARS-CoV-2 in independent laboratory tests. 
- HeiQ Viroblock is designed to inhibit the growth and persistence of bacteria and enveloped viruses on textile and other surfaces. It’s a unique combination of registered silver technology for antiviral and antibacterial effect, with vesicle technology as a booster.
How does it work?
- SARS-CoV-2 is an enveloped virus from the coronavirus family that causes COVID-19.
- Small (non-nano) silver particles are potent antibacterial and antiviral agents due to high surface area to volume ratio and unique chemical and physical properties .
- Silver attracts the oppositely charged viruses and binds permanently to their sulphur groups.
- Subsequently, the fatty spherical vesicle technology depletes the viral membrane of its cholesterol content in minutes. The silver can then destroy the virus rapidly.
It’s fully certified:
- Residual virus infectivity tested according to a modified ISO 20743 method (Sendai virus), a rapid antiviral effect is demonstrated within 2-5 minutes
- Tested according to ISO 18184 as strong antiviral and ISO 20743 as strongly antibacterial against enveloped viruses and bacteria
- Certified as safe and sustainable as all its ingredients are cosmetic grade, bio-based (72% bio-based carbon), and recycled
- EU REACH and US FIFRA compliant, OEKOTEX® certified, ZDHC and bluesign® homologized
- Treated textile articles are compliant with EU BPR and US EPA
- FFP2 masks treated with Viroblock were concluded to be non-cytotoxic.
- FFP2 masks treated with Viroblock subject to dynamic airflow conditions over a period of 8 hours did not show release of particles or chemical compounds into the airstream exiting the mask.
If you are in the position of trying to get back to business safely (and sustainably) or trying to open the doors of your event or venue with meaningful capacity, please take the time in realising the validity of this.
The treatment is scientifically proven to be 99.99% effective  against the virus that causes COVID-19 and significantly reduces the risk of contact transmission. Our products are scalable and cost effective.
At AnyBrand we have done a lot of research to be satisfied that our treated face coverings and surface coatings are 20 times safer than untreated equivalents, by removing the virus. This prevents spread from airborne transmission and surface contact.
We listen to comments such as ‘sounds too good to be true’, ‘is this real?’, ‘we’re hearing from a lot of companies claiming to have a solution to COVID-19’. We’re happy engaging in these conversations.
We expect scrutiny and full due diligence – the stakes are too high to make a wrong call when dealing with people’s lives – so we’re happy to invest time supplying the evidence to give confidence.
We ask you to take time to look at the facts and realise the potential of including HeiQ Viroblock treated products in your back to business Covid-19 safety mitigation plans.
Data provided by HeiQ, based on testing conducted on similar fabrics to those used by AnyBrand.
HeiQ, HeiQ Viroblock and Viroblock are trademark(s) or registered trademark(s) of HeiQ Materials AG.
Articles are treated with a biocide to protect it from microbes and germs. Active ingredient: silver chloride.
  M.J. (2020) Report on “Viral Stability and Persistence of SARS-CoV-2 on Treated Material”. Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, Australia
 5) Stefania Galdieroet. al. (2011) â€œSilver Nanoparticles as Potential Antiviral Agents, molecules 2011, 16, 8894-8918.
 2013, Geneva University, “Modified ISO 20743, Sendai virus contact kill time testing”, Dr. Thierry Pelet, Switzerland
 2020, (6720)179-0376-1 test report, “ISO 18184 – Determination of antiviral activity of textile products”, Bureau Veritas, India ; 2020, LS20-02090 test report, “ISO 20743 – Antibacterial activity after 50 x domestic laundering (ISO 6330)”, Microbe Investigations, Switzerland
 2020, 449044561206110513, “ASTM D6866-20 method B (AMS), testing for % biobased carbon content”, Beta Analytic, USA
 2011, SI.01.C_2011/1778 test report, “Skin-patch test to evaluate potential skin irritation”, Farcoderm, Italy
 ISO Agarose Overlay Using L-929 Mouse Fibroblact Cells; Protocol Number 140150-17; Performing Lab: WuXi AppTec, Inc. Study Number 182077
 Extractables from Facemasks – Dynamic Flow Conditions: Aspen Research Corporation: Project number A47347